Looking for Advanced Query Training?
This training schedule is offered for a person or group who has an established foundation of skills working with data and the Query tool and would like to skip forward and work exclusively on advanced skills and strategies. This is a specialized training dedicated to your priorities.
Still need the foundational training on Query? Do not order this training event. Instead use the many free resources and events offered every year to teach Query – See below. Refer to these locations for the free resources and video trainings on Report Builder (Query):
View the first video training session – Report Builder 1: Working with Computer Stored Data
View the second video training session – Report Builder 2: Building Custom Reports
View the third video training session – Report Builder 3: Custom Data Tables & String Queries
Visit the Asterisk Intelligence webpage for additional resources – Query Training Documentation
- Show Me the Steps
- Table Matching (Joining)
- Custom Fields
- CUBASE Data Start Here!
- CU*BASE Help
- ISO Date Null Value
- ISO Date Display
Alternatively, go to the option for ordering an A to Z specialized and comprehensive on-demand training.
Continue reading if you would like to hire Asterisk Intelligence for a special Advanced Query on-demand training event for yourself or your credit union.
This event will teach the following tools and skills:
- Advanced features and strategies of utilizing the Report Builder (Query) tool in CU*BASE
- Advanced tactics and strategies to manage complex data sets
Scope of Material
You or your group must have completed the foundational training events. The scope of this event can be customized to you and your skill level or specific pain points with CU*BASE data.
Practice and regular projects should be maintained after learning query in order to develop a further knowledge of data sources and comfortability with managing the data in Query. Identifying and working with CU*BASE data for building custom reports is an ongoing effort and learning experience.
We schedule 8 hours of training time with you or with your group. Training can take place in-person (one of us travels to the other), or through webinar sessions. You are responsible for travel costs and expenses if Asterisk Intelligence is traveling to you.
Each credit union and person’s daily routines are different and we offer two options for handling the logistics of scheduling training into your day. Either option can be set up for consecutive dates, or split in any combination of dates. All training dates are expected to be completed within a 2-3 week period. Either option is the same cost.
Option 1 – One full day of 6 total hours scheduled into the day, and two follow-up sessions covering practice and current projects (1 hour each).
Option 2 – Two partial sessions of 3 consecutive hours each, and two follow-up sessions for practice and current projects (1 hour each).
- CU*BASE Access – A user ID and access to a computer/laptop that is capable of running CU*BASE.Note: We have up to 4 computer stations available on-site at CU*Answers. Any groups larger than 4 should bring their own VPN-capable laptops with CU*BASE installed.
- Tool Authorities – A list of required CU*BASE tools will be provided.
The following skills and resources are available to cover within this event:
- Advanced research of the database, tables and fields/columns available – Tool 332
- Advanced use of the Data Transfer tool for download or upload procedures at your CU – Tool 1375
- Summarize large data sets by a field of choice (ex. count by branch, total by employee, etc), Connect two or more files to utilize the data in each, and/or as a method of filtering/exclusions.
- Strategies for managing date formats and date math to manipulate data and avoid manual work in future
- Append multiple sources of data for a consolidated list (add to member)
- Various string query concepts (ex. summarize TRANS1 by account base to link to MASTER later)
- Custom field functions and strategies (calculations with data and manipulating formats)
- Pull report of query properties for review as needed or at CU*BASE releases (Tool 654)
- Add and maintain queries within the query scheduler feature (Tool 758 and PRUNAQ report)